About the Role
Data Analysts provide data-driven decision making in Growsari. As part of the team, the Data Analyst serves a valuable role in the company by producing actionable insights and recommendations to the business specifically focused on our mobile platform.
We solve problems for Sari-Sari store owners, with the goal to make each peso in their pocket go further. The mobile platform is one of our biggest enablers for this. It’s our connection to our owners, allowing us to build relationships, process transactions, educate and provide them access to new services at scale.
Within the team, the goal of the Data Analyst is to advance the company’s understanding of how our mobile platform is achieving these goals, and to quantify the impact of our efforts towards them. The ideal candidate will have a balance of analytical, technical, and communication skills.
This also requires innovative thinking. Many of our users have never regularly used e-commerce nor a smartphone. Running a sari-sari store also has unique pressures. The large number of items per order and weekly repurchasing are very different from a typical e-commerce or e-wallet app. These unique challenges require interesting approaches to solve and measure them. Just replicating what the other big superapp, e-commerce or wallet players won’t cut it!
- Work closely with the product managers, product designers, technical project managers and engineers of the mobile platform to clearly define business questions against data.
- Set up scalable measurement frameworks, dashboards, and reports to monitor and track performance of new app features.
- Provide data expertise and support to the mobile platform team in their day-to-day operations.
- Conduct exploratory data analysis, look for app improvement opportunities, and make sound recommendations to the business.
- Explore new and existing data sources and work with data engineering to improve quality and usability of our app data.
- Collaborate with other team members to improve the longer term mobile analytics capabilities of Growsari.
- Data excites you.
- You have at least 1-2 years of relevant experience in a business analytics and insights role.
- You are proficient at writing SQL queries against very large and diverse datasets.
- You are adept in reproducible research and analyses (python, jupyter notebooks, etc.).
- You are able to work independently and are eager to solve open-ended problems.
- You have a working knowledge of business intelligence tools like Redash, Google Analytics, Google Data Studio, PowerBI, or Tableau.
- You have prior experience in app analytics
- You have a good understanding of data warehousing concepts
- You have a working knowledge of clustering, forecasting, and predictive analytics