- Growsari is hiring Quality Engineers to help build and test the technical platform that powers the Sari Sari stores of the future. We are looking for experienced testers with excellent work-ethic, analytical thinking, problem solving and interpersonal skills to evolve and build our testing processes and tools.
What is Growsari?
Sari Sari stores are the largest retail channel and source of employment in the country, yet the average store owner barely makes ends meet. This is a disconnect that we want to change.
Our teams help stores digitally procure goods for their stores at better prices and free delivery. We then use that same infrastructure to offer hundreds of new ways for stores to earn, such as upgrading them to bills payment and wallet top up points, e-commerce drop-offs, wi-fi hotspots and even ATMs for their communities.
Today now marks 5 years in operation. From doing the first deliveries in our own cars, we are now the market leaders in our space, and have assembled an amazing team of alumni from Uber, Boston Consulting Group, Unilever, P&G, Pay Maya, GCash… and even ex Sari Sari store owners. It’s been quite a journey and you can read more about our story in Tech in Asia, The Ken or watch this intro on Youtube.
Who Are We Looking For?
We are in the process of establishing our own Quality Engineering team, which will spearhead testing campaigns and ensure quality of Growsari Mobile and Web platform products by building test processes, and contributing to test automation. You will be part of the pioneer QE team and will be mentored to transition into automation Engineers, where you’ll learn how to execute other types of testing such as security and performance testing. You will be the point of contact and process owner for the following testing activities:
- Create, review, and execute manual test cases based on project briefs and product
- Raise and track defects found during sprint development and directly coordinate with
developers to resolve them
- Perform end to end testing (Rest APIs, mobile application, web application)
- Work closely with product team to identify use cases, demonstrate working features,
and clear user story requirements
- Perform other types of testing such as security and automation testing
- You have at least one year experience in testing mobile/web applications and Rest
- You have experience in creating and managing test plans and test runs.
- You have a basic understanding of QA processes, methodologies, and tools, and
knowledge of Agile software development methodology (Scrum, Kanban).
- You have the ability to create basic SQL scripts
Preferred but not required:
- ISTQB Foundation Level Agile Tester
- Programming skill is an advantage
- Experience with automated testing or creating automation framework from scratch
- Experience working in cross-functional virtual teams
What Can You Expect From Us?
- A melting pot of different industries: There are not many other companies where
you get a unique combination of fintech, e-commerce, and social impact
- A diverse team: You will hear accents from all corners of the Philippines as well as
the rest of Southeast Asia, Africa, India, and North America
- A Philippines first approach: We build everything in house, from the ground up. No
waiting on the regional prioritization and resourcing that you often experience in other big regional tech companies in the Philippines
- Freedom on how you want to work: Your choice on preferred software and when
you come into office. As long as you deliver results, we don’t care about the time card or when you want to take leave. For this role we are also happy to consider candidates
based outside of the Philippines who are willing to work remotely
- A buddy on your first day: To get you up to speed and introduced to the broader