Growsari is hiring a Senior Product Manager to help us execute our product vision and roadmap across our financial services platforms, and work with other product managers, engineers and partners in executing it.
What is Growsari?
Sari–Sari stores are the largest retail channel and source of employment in the country, yet the average store owner barely makes ends meet. This is a disconnect that we want to change.
Our team helps stores digitally procure goods at better prices and free delivery. We then use that same infrastructure to offer hundreds of new ways for stores to earn, such as upgrading them to become bills payment and wallet top-up hubs, e-commerce drop-offs, wi-fi hotspots and even ATMs for their communities.
Today marks 5 years in operation. From doing the first deliveries in our own cars, we are now the market leaders in our space, and have assembled an amazing team of alumni from Uber, Boston Consulting Group, Unilever, P&G, PayMaya, GCash… and even ex–Sari–Sari store owners.
What Challenge Will You Need To Solve?
We solve problems for Sari-Sari store owners, with the goal to help them double their income.
Our financial services platform is one of our biggest enablers for this. It helps our stores access new types of financial products that they can sell to their end customers (think payments, banking services, insurance, remittance) and helping the store owners access the working capital and lending solutions that they need to grow their business.
Running a store also has unique financial pressures and differing levels of digital and financial literacy, with many of our users accessing formalized financial services for the first time.
These unique challenges require interesting approaches to solve them and just replicating what other fintech or wallet players won’t cut it!
Who We Are Looking For?
- Plan and execute our Financial Services Platform roadmap: Work with our leadership team in the ideation of features to build on the financial services platform, and then lead the full process of planning, architecting, testing, building, and launching these features into market.
- Ensure we are making high quality platform decisions: Constantly re-prioritize your roadmap and execution based on engagement with stakeholders (Growth, Operations, Engineering, Design, QA, and Data) and use analytics tools and user testing to make smarter, more data-informed decisions.
- Coach our Junior Product Managers: Coach junior product managers who are going to help deliver the roadmap with you.
- You have a persistent and problem solver attitude: You have demonstrated the ability to solve complex and unstructured challenges.
- You have worked within broader teams: You know how to work within a broader team to solve design problems, since you will be working closely with design, UX research, product, engineering and data colleagues to unlock your roadmap.
- You want to empower the underserved: You are driven by the desire to empower our store owners, and have a vision and ideas of how design can help do that.
- You have experience in financial services products: Experience in building payments, lending, credit scoring and other financial services products will be a plus.
- You can adapt to our current workflow: We are fans of collaboration and use tools like Jira, Figjam, Figma, Dovetail and Maze throughout our product design process. However, we are happy for you suggest any other tools that you feel will do the best job and scale.
What Can You Expect From Us?
- A melting pot of different industries: There are not many other companies where you get a unique combination of fintech, e-commerce, and social impact.
- A diverse team: You will hear accents from all corners of the Philippines, as well as the rest of Southeast Asia, Africa, India, and North America.
- A Philippines-first approach: We build everything in-house, from the ground up. No waiting on the regional prioritization and resourcing that you often experience in other big regional tech companies in the Philippines.
Freedom on how you want to work: Your choice on preferred software and when you come into office. As long as you deliver results, we don’t care about the time card or when you want to take leave. For this role, we are also happy to consider candidates based outside of the Philippines who are willing to work remotely.