- Growsari is hiring a Senior Product Manager to help us execute our product vision and roadmap across our mobile platforms, and work with other Product Managers, Engineers and Partners in executing it.
What is Growsari?
Sari Sari stores are the largest retail channel and source of employment in the country, yet the average store owner barely makes ends meet. This is a disconnect that we want to change.
Our teams help stores digitally procure goods for their stores at better prices and free delivery. We then use that same infrastructure to offer hundreds of new ways for stores to earn, such as upgrading them to bills payment and wallet top up points, e-commerce drop-offs, wi-fi hotspots and even ATMs for their communities.
Today now marks 5 years in operation. From doing the first deliveries in our own cars, we are now the market leaders in our space, and have assembled an amazing team of alumni from Uber, Boston Consulting Group, Unilever, P&G, Pay Maya, GCash… and even ex Sari Sari store owners.
What Challenge Will You Need To Solve?
We solve problems for Sari Sari store owners, with the goal to make each peso in their pocket go further.
Our mobile platform is one of our biggest enablers for this. It’s our connection to our owners, allowing us to build relationships, transact, educate and provide them access to new services at scale. However, for many of our users it could be their first time using e-commerce, or even using a smartphone at all.
Running a store also has unique pressures. The order volumes, frequencies and other service design aspects of the experience are very different from a typical e-commerce or consumer wallet transaction. These unique challenges require interesting approaches to solve them and just replicating what the other big superapp, e-commerce or wallet players won’t cut it!
Who We Are Looking For?
- Plan and execute our Mobile Platform roadmap: Work with our leadership team in the ideation of features to build on the mobile platform, and then lead the full process of planning, testing, building, and launching theses feature into market
- Ensure we are making high quality platform decisions: Constantly re-prioritize your roadmap and executions based on engagement with stakeholders (growth, operations, engineering, design, QA, data) and use analytics tools and user testing to make smarter, more data-informed decisions
- Coach our Junior Product Managers: You will need to coach the team of junior product managers who are going to help deliver the roadmap with you
- You have a persistent and problem solver attitude: You have demonstrated the ability to solve the complex and unstructured challenges
- You have worked within broader teams: You know how to work within a broader team to solve design problems, since you will be working closely with design, UX research, product, engineering and data colleagues to unlock the your roadmap
- You want to empower the underserved: You are driven by helping to empower our store owners, and have a vision and ideas of how design can help do that
- Experience in gaming or social products: While not a deal-breaker, we are trying to make our experience more fun and social, so any relevant experience in these areas will be a plus
- Our current workflow: We are fans of collaboration and use tools like Jira, Miro, Figma and Maze throughout our product design process. However we are happy for you suggest any other tools that you feel will do the best job and scale
What Can You Expect From Us?
- A melting pot of different industries: There are not many other companies where you get a unique combination of fintech, e-commerce, and social impact
- A diverse team: You will hear accents from all corners of the Philippines as well as the rest of Southeast Asia, Africa, India, and North America
- A Philippines first approach: We build everything in house, from the ground up. No waiting on the regional prioritization and resourcing that you often experience in other big regional tech companies in the Philippines
- Freedom on how you want to work: Your choice on preferred software and when you come into office. As long as you deliver results, we don’t care about the time card or when you want to take leave. For this role we are also happy to consider candidates based outside of the Philippines who are willing to work remotely
- A buddy on your first day: To get you up to speed and introduced to the broader team