About The Job
We’re hiring a Technical Support Engineer to help build and spearhead the process on solving technical issues across different Growsari modules. We are looking for an experienced support engineer with excellent work-ethic, analytical thinking, and a passion for customer satisfaction to troubleshoot and investigate in a technical environment. If you are inspired to take up new challenges, then come and be part of our growing family!
What is Growsari?
Sari Sari stores are the largest retail channel and source of employment in the country, yet the average store owner barely makes ends meet. This is a disconnect that we want to change.
Our teams help stores digitally procure goods for their stores at better prices and free delivery. We then use that same infrastructure to offer hundreds of new ways for stores to earn, such as upgrading them to bills payment and wallet top up points, e-commerce drop-offs, wi-fi hotspots and even ATMs for their communities.
Today marks our 5 years in operation. From doing the first deliveries in our own cars, we are now the market leaders in our space, and have assembled an amazing team of alumni from Uber, Boston Consulting Group, Unilever, P&G, Pay Maya, GCash… and even ex Sari Sari store owners.
Who Are We Looking For?
We are in the process of growing our Technology team and that includes establishing our technical support logic which will help us decrease our turn-around time in resolving issues, improve our ways of working, and identify opportunities for improvement.
You will be part of the pioneer Technical Support team and will have a chance to introduce and implement processes across Growsari teams. You will be the point of contact and process owner for the following activities:
- Provide technical support on issues raised by customers, clients, and internal Growsari teams
- Create SQL scripts to (1) troubleshoot, and (2) update or insert existing records upon request
- Work with internal Growsari teams to understand the issue and update them on the resolution
- Document changes across different Growsari modules with proper version control
- Build the process on RCA and issue resolution lifecycle
- Automate the resolution for recurring issues or concern
- Test and verify product functionality to replicate customer issues
Assist in testing of new versions of different services and understand the changes in APIs, database structures, and UX
- You have at least one year experience in providing technical support to either external or internal clients or in any of the following positions: Software Developer, DevOps, Database Administrator, L2/L3 support, QE
- You have the ability to create or modify basic SQL scripts and/or a basic understanding of how API works.
- You have a good knowledge of administering or managing server applications and understanding application logs.
- You have an experience using a scripting language such as Python, Bash, Shell Script
Preferred but not required:
- PHP framework deployment
- Certifications in any of the following: AWS, Microsoft Azure
What Can You Expect From Us?
- A melting pot of different industries: There are not many other companies where you get a unique combination of fintech, e-commerce, and social impact
- A diverse team: You will hear accents from all corners of the Philippines as well as the rest of Southeast Asia, Africa, India, and North America
- A Philippines first approach: We build everything in house, from the ground up. No waiting on the regional prioritization and resourcing that you often experience in other big regional tech companies in the Philippines
- Freedom on how you want to work: Your choice on preferred software and when you come into office. As long as you deliver results, we don’t care about the time card or when you want to take leave. For this role we are also happy to consider candidates based outside of the Philippines who are willing to work remotely
- A buddy on your first day: To get you up to speed and introduced to the broader team